viernes, 13 de febrero de 2009

Reading break

I hope you won't get upset once you hear about my decision of changing the blog's language (or the language of at least some of the posts) to English. At first this idea seemed to me somehow out of place, since I am a Spanish speaker. However, I have been living in Canada for almost a year and a half, and I just don't see the point in continuing to write in Spanish.

As for my language, the only people to whom I still speak in Spanish are my parents, and of course, some of my friends. At my house there are several Spanish speakers, but I barely talk to them in Spanish. I say barely because there are certain words that are really hard to translate into English... you know what I mean.

In order to avoid boring you, I will start to talk about the post's actual topic. Had you ever heard of a "reading brake" before? Probably not. Last year it was the first time that I heard it too. Personally, I think it is odd to have a break in the middle of February, when the weather is still chilly, cold and ugly. I ignore the reason why it is called a reading brake, but I think it is one of those dates that originally had a purpose, and then just stayed in the calendar. It is sort of a spring brake but not quite. The name itself suggests a study break (forgive the contradiction), but some people just party the whole weak and get wasted. The rest of the people (myself included) use this week to catch up with the material in all of our courses, and manage to do get some exercise done.

To be more concrete, I will try to do sports every day and to go on a hike at least twice. The rest of the time I will be studying and doing practice problems. The courses that I will be studying for are five: integral calculus, introduction to biochemistry, introduction to medical microbiology and immunology, and an english literature course. Unluckily, I had all of my midterms before the reading break, but that is not as bad because now I will have a full week to replenish my "batteries".

I hope you enjoy next week as much as I will (am I smelling envy here?).I will try to keep on writing on this blog. I have to admit that I am terribly bad at keeping my blog up to date but I will do my best. Special greetings to Robespierre for his comment about my blog's inactivity haha.

Oh! And by the way, we had a sunny day today! yay!

3 comentarios:

JA dijo...

yay!(????)
Well, congratulations! welcome back!

David|Lanke dijo...

Me opongo a que emplees el dialecto comercial, culpable de crisis y prepotencia.

Fuera de eso, chido que vuelves. Escribe mucho. Yo creo que tienes muchas anécdotas macabras que contarnos, como la de ahi viene el tren y esas.

Anónimo dijo...

"Break"